Well today might have been the scariest day ever. Today Mike sent Ryan to school at 8:15 just like any other day. At 9am he received a call from the school saying that 911 had been call, but that Ryan had had a seizure. Mike raced to the school. By the time Mike got there (within 5 minutes) the seizure has ended but Ryan was still very much out of it. After a few minutes they decided that the best thing for him was to transport him by ambulance to the hospital. Luckily Mike knew the crew and one of our friends was actually on the fire truck. Mike rode in on the ambulance.
I was at work when all the happen. Of course Mike called me as soon as everything was happening. I left work and met them at Cardon's. After 6 hours in the ER we were discharged home with the diagnoses of febrile seizure, (his fever was 103) influenza A, and RSV. It was so scary, and sad to see your little boy in a hospital bed. I will have to say he was a trooper and was such a good boy. Unfortunately though now that we have had one seizure, we are more likely to have more with future fevers....UGH.
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH Kelly!!!!! I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how scary that was for you! HUGS to you guys for sure!!!!
Post a Comment